All available vacancies are added to this page - do check back regularly.
Head of Estates and Facilities, Rhodes Trust, Oxford
Fixed-term (4 years)
Salary circa £80,000 plus benefits
The Rhodes Trust is embarking on a major new building project to transform Rhodes House, a grade 2* listed building constructed in 1929, into a leading convening centre for the Rhodes Trust and its strategic partners. We hope to create the largest dedicated convening space in Oxford that is available all year round, and will significantly enhance our capability to provide a world-class convening experience to the Rhodes Scholars and our strategic partners including the University of Oxford and other partners and commercial clients.
The approved budget is in excess of £30 m, with funding secured from a combination of philanthropy and commercial borrowing. The project includes:
• Complete reconstruction of the basement of Rhodes House to provide conference accommodation, supporting facilities and breakout space
• A new debating chamber pavilion and basement office space
• A new residential building and a separate new courtyard building, providing en-suite rooms
• Upgrade of the East Wing of Rhodes House to provide further bedrooms
• Upgrading the remainder of Rhodes House including full refurbishment of dining and kitchen facilities and various renovations with a lighter touch in the public spaces
• External hard and soft landscaping and new relocated greenhouse facilities.
The Head of Estates and Facilities will be responsible for working closely with the Chief Operating Officer and Warden of the Rhodes Trust to ensure the successful delivery of this significant capital project, and ensure it is fully operational by 2022. If you have a successful track record in project management and change management, can control a large-scale capital budget, and ideally have experience of building and running a convening or education space we would like to hear from you.
For more details please see the full job description.
TO APPLY - Please send your curriculum vitae (not longer than 3 pages) plus covering letter (no longer than 2 pages) and the contact details of at least two referees (these will not be contacted without applicant’s permission), to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ENQUIRIES should be sent to Danai Pampiglione, HR Manager who is contactable on Mondays and Wednesdays on +44 (0) 1865 270 952 and at email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 21 September 2018. Interviews will be held on Friday 12 October 2018 at Rhodes House.
Scholar Giving Manager
Salary range £36,000 to £40,000
The Scholar Giving Manager works to develop and lead the Rhodes Scholars Annual Fund, with annual targets set in terms of participation rate and funds raised. This position will report to, and work in close partnership with, the Director of Scholar Giving.
The position will have the following core duties:
- Responsibility for increasing the participation rate and donation amounts achieved by the Rhodes Scholars Annual Fund by improving existing and implementing new initiatives for donor acquisition
- Maximising the opportunities of data segmentation to tailor and create effective and targeted campaigns and fundraising approaches that deliver increased participation results
- Working to identify and profile Alumni Scholars as potential major donors, influencers and volunteers
- Supporting the global network of Class Leaders
- Lead around seven annual reunion campaigns each year
- Working closely with the Director of Scholar Giving and colleagues to drive systematic processes to grow the annual giving programme, including the planning, scheduling and project managing of global email, mail and social media solicitation appeals throughout the Trust’s financial year
- Working closely with the Communications team to design and implement best in class website giving pages and Scholar Giving porta
- Working closely with the Alumni Relations team and Director of Scholar Giving to support opportunities and activities for alumni in all geographic regions to engage more fully with each other and with the Rhodes Trust with the end goal of increasing global giving
Please see the job description for more information and details on how to apply.