Rhodes Policy Summit: Creating a Positive Legacy from the Pandemic
Breaking the cycle of panic to neglect with an Always On approach.
Friday 14 April 2023
Central London location in Westminster. Exact venue to be announced 48 hours before the event for security reasons, due to a high profile speaker.
Join some of the most influential voices in global health to debate how we use the lessons of COVID-19 to bolster our defences against future pandemic threats. With public and political interest in preparedness at risk, the inaugural Rhodes Policy Summit will ask how can we ensure we have equitable and practical measures in place to prepare us for the next global health crisis.
The summit will bring together some of the world’s leading scientists, internationally influential political figures, business innovators, civil society representatives and thought leaders in global health.
The aim of the Summit is to set out an ‘Always On’ approach to pandemic preparedness: where global health architecture is developed that can be used for routine healthcare delivery and when responding to the next pandemic. This includes developing capacities for digital infrastructure, vaccination, surveillance and manufacturing that could pivot between use for pandemics and during peacetime.
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- David Agus, Physician, biomedical researcher, Director of the Ellison Institute for Transformative Medicine and CBS News medical contributor
- John Bell, Immunologist and Regius Professor of Medicine, University of Oxford
- Mia Malan, Founder and Editor-in-chief, Bhekisisa
- Prabhat Jha, Professor of Global Health, University of Toronto
- Amadou Sall, CEO of Institut Pasteur
- Ngaire Woods, Dean of the Blavatnik School for Government, University of Oxford
More speakers and agenda to be announced soon.
Please note that this event is invitation only. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• All invitations are non-transferable, and you must RSVP to gain admittance
• Government issued photographic ID must be brought with the invitation
• Entry is conditional on being prepared to be searched. Bringing of large bags, etc. is discouraged
After purchasing your ticket, you will be invited to register on our Forum event platform and app closer to the conference date.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or have any difficulties booking.
Delegates are responsible for organising their own accommodation. Book early to avoid disappointment!
Dress Code: Business Casual - No Ties
We rely on the generosity of individual donors and other sponsors to cover the costs of this Forum. This particular event was made possible through the generous support of one of our donors. Your ticket includes lunch, refreshments and snacks throughout the day, plus a full day of conferencing.
ALT TEXT: Large 'R' on the left with an image of a hand with a globe on the finger with orange dots on it. In pink writing it says 'Rhodes Policy Summit 14 April 2023' and in blue writing it says 'Pandemic Preparedness'. The blue Rhodes Trust logo is situated at the bottom in the middle of the image