Professor Wideman will engage in a conversation with Chelsea Jackson & Field Brown on storytelling, freedom and confinement, policing, fatherhood, the inheritance of trauma and ontological stigma and reflect on his experience as a Rhodes Scholar in Oxford in the 1960s.
- Prof John Edgar Wideman (Pennsylvania & New College 1963), Author and Professor Emeritus; second African-American Rhodes Scholar
- Donald 'Field' Brown (Mississippi & Christ Church 2014), PhD Candidate, Harvard University
- Chelsea Jackson (Georgia & New College 2018), Political Scientist, Speaker & Organiser, Cradle Community
- Leila Kamali, Honorary Fellow, University of Liverpool & Associate Lecturer, Goldsmiths University of London
- Dr Elizabeth Kiss (Virginia & Balliol 1983), Warden and CEO, Rhodes Trust