Welcome to the information page about the Rhodes Scholarships for Jamaica and the Commonwealth Caribbean.
Each year, there is:
- One Jamaica Rhodes Scholarship, available to candidates from Jamaica only;
- One Commonwealth Caribbean Rhodes Scholarship, available to candidates from the Commonwealth Caribbean generally, including Jamaicans (at the Rhodes Trust's discretion).
Applications for the Rhodes Scholarships for 2017 are now closed.
Closing date: Applications must be received by midnight, 30 September 2016 (Jamaica Standard Time).
The Selection Committees typically will meet in Kingston and Barbados in November, and the Rhodes Trust will ordinarily pay travel expenses for those candidates who are invited to interview where they cannot be met from other (e.g. university) sources.
Prospective applicants from Jamaica and the Commonwealth Caribbean should carefully review:
1. the general information about the Rhodes Scholarships,
2. the selection criteria that apply in all Rhodes constituencies, and then
3. the application criteria specific to Jamaica and the Commonwealth Caribbean
Guidance for Referees for applications for 2017 entry is available here.
There are also FAQs applicable to all applicants.
National Secretary for Jamaica and the Commonwealth Caribbean:
Mr Peter Goldson
The Rhodes Scholarships for Jamaica & Commonwealth Caribbean
c/o 21 East Street