The Canadian Rhodes Scholars Foundation (CRSF) provides a scholarship program for graduates of Oxford University to study at a Canadian university. The scholarship is funded by Oxford alumni who were Rhodes Scholars from Canada, and others who support the foundation's objectives.
Every other year, one CRSF scholarship is made available for graduate study in Canada for two years. Click here for the details of the 2015 CRSF Scholar, here for details of the 2014 CRSF Scholar, and here for details of the 2012 CRSF Scholar.
The Canadian Rhodes Scholars Foundation Scholarships
- Prestigious scholarship to fund graduate study in Canada.
- Chance to compete for scholarships modeled on Rhodes Scholarships.
- Canada has world class universities with state of art research facilities—previous scholars have studied at McGill, Dalhousie, Toronto, British Columbia and dozens of other universities. Information about graduate studies in Canada can be obtained from the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada here.
- Scholarships are open to all disciplines—there are no restrictions on the university or course of study you can choose.
Canada is a visually stunning and vast landscape, with a young and highly diverse, multi-lingual society which presents a unique perspective on contemporary issues.
As is the case with Rhodes Scholars, the Foundation scholars are selected on criteria of character and extra-curricular interests as well as academic excellence. The scholarships are tenable at any Canadian University, and aspiring applicants are encouraged to approach the university of their choice before the selection process. All applicants must be permanent residents of the United Kingdom who have graduated from Oxford within 12 months of the application process, or who will graduate in the current academic year, and under 26 years of age. Please note, the recipient will be known as a CRSF Scholar.
Winning the prize
The Scholarships provide an allowance (approx. C$16,000 per year) plus tuition fees and travel allowances. It will be awarded on the basis of character and extra-curricular interests, as well as academic excellence.
How to apply
There are no standard forms for applications, however written application should cover the topics below. Applications should be sent to: The Warden of Rhodes House, Attention CRSFS, Rhodes House, Oxford, OX1 3RG and should be submitted before the closing date, 18 November 2016.
Applications should be accompanied by:
- A brief curriculum vitae.
- A printed statement covering academic and other interests, desired field of graduate study in Canada, universities being considered, and estimated duration of course proposed, intended career, etc.
- A letter of recommendation from the Head of the applicant’s College, together with two references from tutors or supervisors stating the applicant’s qualifications for advanced work in his or her particular field at a Canadian University.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview in Oxford.