Welcome to the information page about the Rhodes Scholarships for Southern Africa. This page provides constituency-specific information on Rhodes Scholarships to Oxford for applicants from South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland. The Scholarships for these countries are administered from a regional secretariat based in Johannesburg.
- four Scholarships every year for applicants from South Africa-at-Large,
- one for applicants from KwaZulu-Natal,
- one for applicants from Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland, and
- one each for applicants of or from Diocesan College, Rondebosch; South African College School, Newlands; Paul Roos Gymnasium, Stellenbosch; and St Andrew's College, Grahamstown (including their identified partner schools, which are listed here).
Information about Rhodes Scholars elected for Southern African and around the world can be found in biographies of the Rhodes class of 2014 and the Rhodes class of 2013.
Applications for the Rhodes Scholarships for 2015 for Southern Africa are now open: click here. Applications will close on 15 August 2014.
Prospective applicants from Southern Africa should carefully review:
2. the selection criteria that apply in all Rhodes constituencies and then
3. the application criteria specific to Southern Africa.
There are FAQs which are applicable to all applicants.
Mr Justice Edwin Cameron is the General Secretary for the Rhodes Scholarships in Southern Africa.
To view his contact information, as well as contact information for the Secretaries throughout Southern Africa, visit the Southern African Secretaries page.